Sustainability. You’ve heard the term, and hopefully, by now, we all understand the importance of having a plan to reduce, reuse, and recycle both personally and in our work environments. As a national leader in the packaging industry, we are committed to our sustainability plan while helping our clients meet their internal goals.
Before diving into the latest sustainable packaging trends, let’s talk about what ‘Sustainability’ actually means and what is included in the topic. According to the EPA, “Sustainability is based on a simple principle: Everything that we need for our survival and well-being depends, either directly or indirectly, on our natural environment. To pursue sustainability is to create and maintain the conditions under which humans and nature can exist in productive harmony to support present and future generations.”
So, in other words, we need our personal and corporate actions to work in harmony with our environmental surroundings to protect the world around us. But this isn’t just about paper and plastic and tossing things in the proper recycling bin; while that is important, this is also about our energy consumption, carbon footprints, water usage, social sustainability, and much more.
Here is what you can expect to see from Premier Packaging in the coming months related to the topic of sustainability:
- We will begin to share our team’s work as it relates to sustainability, from our new corporate headquarters to our manufacturing plants.
- We will share how we collaborate with our clients to help them make environmentally responsible choices without compromising budget or the quality of packaging for their products.
- Product spotlights featuring green packaging and how you as a business partner and a consumer can do your part to reuse or recycle the products.
- What do all of these recycling symbols mean anyway? We will help you break down recyclable materials in the packaging space to know what goes where.
- The Three E’s – The UCLA Sustainability Team encourages us to look at sustainability through three lenses – Environment, Economy, and Equity. The balance of these three views is going to help us achieve true sustainability. We will dive into this model because understanding the connection of these elements will help us all realize the true importance of sustainable living.
*Source: UCLA Sustainability, YouTube
As you can see, there is a LOT to unpack on the topic of sustainability. Things move and evolve quickly, and we will be ready to ebb and flow in the spirit of moving toward the greater good and maintaining the world around us.
If you want to learn more about how we can help with your sustainable efforts or just chat about options, please reach out!